Sunday, September 27, 2009

copy problems with my Seagate Freeagent pro

I got a Seagate FreeAgent Pro "Classic" over a year ago and hadn't really used it until my other Seagate started having problems (I detailed that in a prior blog post).

I was trying to copy music files from my old drive to my new FreeAgent pro but the copy process would freeze and I'd have to either shutdown the drive or reboot the whole computer.

My motherboard is a Asus P5N E SLI, which I purchased September of 2007.

I did go to the ASUS support site and then also found an account of a user having a similar issue on the Toms Hardware boards: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/251451-30-asus-sata-issues

After upgrading with the JMicron SATA driver I didn't experience the issue anymore; although my drive isn't recognized anymore as a FreeAgent drive when I open up My Computer or the FreeAgent software. Oh well, small loss.

No comments:

Exploring ELK (Elastic) Stack for hack-a-thon

At my current gig, our group finally got to do hack-a-thon week and I joined a team project that tied together a few of the technologies I&#...