Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Eclipse > Customizing the project explorer view. Not showing external libraries in your root directory

I do almost all of my automation development in Eclipse these days.

I usually import most projects through the Eclipse maven plugin, and then I can check out/in files through the Perforce plugin.

Before I build in Eclipse I usually run mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true, after I've gotten the latest changes from the depot.

The most recent time I did an mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true build that reset my Eclipse project explorer view and one project I used started to show all the imported JAR files in the root directory making it bit cumbersome to use.

I was helped by a colleague to customize my view with the downward caret looking symbol to the right of the project explorer view.

Here are some screenshots:

After selecting the Customize View, scroll down to Libraries from Extenal and select the associated checkbox, then save.


This should resolve all the JARs showing in your root directory.


No comments:

Exploring ELK (Elastic) Stack for hack-a-thon

At my current gig, our group finally got to do hack-a-thon week and I joined a team project that tied together a few of the technologies I&#...