Monday, April 29, 2013

p4 sync <> must refer to client <>

I was having the toughest time trying to sync a new folder tree in my depot.

I was getting this error:

//depot/Some-path/some-sub-path/... - must refer to client 'myclient_February29th2012'.

Well, what I was doing wrong was that I was taking the depot path instead of my client path.

So when I did p4 client on the command line it listed my views including this one below:

//Some-path/some-sub-path/... //myclient_February29th2012/Some-path/some-sub-path/...

I updated my p4 sync to use the right side and then the problem went away.

Sometimes, a slight edit can make a world of difference.


No comments:

Exploring ELK (Elastic) Stack for hack-a-thon

At my current gig, our group finally got to do hack-a-thon week and I joined a team project that tied together a few of the technologies I&#...