Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mac OS X differences from Windows

Having started the new job at Ping Identity I now have a MacBook Pro with OS X.

I've had to get used to two notable differences:

1) Window resizing on the OS X is only on the lower right-hand corner versus Windows XP which can be on the bottom and sides too.

2) Copying and pasting in the Finder (which is the equivalent of Windows Explorer) is not like Windows. If I chose a file and copy it I cannot just highlight a new directory and choose paste. I actually have to enter into the directory and paste making sure the dialog title for the Finder lists the correct directory where I want to paste.

At least that's what works for me without any special changes to the OS.

No comments:

Exploring ELK (Elastic) Stack for hack-a-thon

At my current gig, our group finally got to do hack-a-thon week and I joined a team project that tied together a few of the technologies I&#...