Monday, February 09, 2015

The simplest resolution or explanation is usually the most common solution

In engineering, we have to diagnose and fix issues all the time.

In my case I've found that the problems I encounter when I find a build broken, a class that won't compile, or a problematic configuration that won't make a application run, is most likely due to a slight misconfiguration, misspelling, or not reading the directions thoroughly.

In other words, the easiest solution is usually the most common fix to a problem you've encountered.

Maybe this is why we have Occam's Razor as a principle?

No comments:

Exploring ELK (Elastic) Stack for hack-a-thon

At my current gig, our group finally got to do hack-a-thon week and I joined a team project that tied together a few of the technologies I&#...